Thursday, September 2, 2010

DIY Organza Ribbon Cuff



I've been gifted a whole new batch of ribbons recently. So excited to get crafty with them! I made an embroidered cuff bracelet using a piece of teal organza ribbon...



I am a complete novice at this(I guess it shows eh) so I had to constantly refer to what I call the bible of needlecraft, The Marshall Cavendish Complete Book of Needlecraft. Here's the how-to for some stitches I used...



Blanket Stitch, Fly Stitch and Romanian Stitch.



I measured my wrist and cut two pieces, one for embroidery, one for the "back" so the stitches don't scratch. I used a turquoise "stone" bead and cotton thread to sew a clasp. If I were to make another one, I'd go with crimps, jump rings and toggle clasp, just so the ends look neater and the bracelet holds better.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely!!! I'm going for all my leftovers and see what I can put together...wonderful instrutions.

    ReplyDelete